The streamlined application process requires submittal of the following:
- Copy of DD214/separation papers (if formally discharged from military), or an LES (if still on active duty)
- The email addresses of three (3) individuals who can serve as references for you
- Transcripts representing the highest level of education (Note: Official transcripts are only required for graduate school scholarship applications.)
- Supporting financial documentation demonstrating financial need for scholarship (i.e. tax returns, W-2 form, or statement of earnings from employers)
- Note: If on active duty, salary will not be considered as a criteria. However, pensions will be considered.
After your application has been received, you will be contacted to schedule a phone interview. You will have a decision within 48 hours following the interview.
Second Scholarship Policy
Completed your first program? For details on applying for a second scholarship, please contact Sheila Runkel, Program Manager, at Sheila.Runkel@TheAmericanCollege.edu.
Scholarships are available to:
Active duty military
Veterans who have received an honorable discharge
A spouse of a qualified candidate or surviving spouse
Scholarships are awarded based on military status, financial need, accomplishments, academic potential, quality of recommendations, and other extenuating circumstances.